- It is now legal for shia men to deny food and sustenance to their wives if they refuse to obey their husband's sexual demands.
- Fathers and grandfathers have full guardianship over the children
- Women must ask permission from their husbands to work.
- A rapist can avoid prosecution by paying 'blood money' to a girl who was injured when he raped her.
- "Tamkeen is the readiness of the wife to submit to her husband's reasonable sexual enjoyment, and her prohibition from going out of the house, except in extreme circumstances, without her husband's permission. If any of the above provisions are not followed by the wife she is considered disobedient."
Apparently in a bid for votes in the upcoming election, Hamid Karzai has basically sold the rights of women to gain power. The election is Thursday, August 20. But from what I can see, women will lose as long as the country is islamic.