Panel Discussion of Secular Society, Center for Inquiry

I wanted to share a video with you by the Center for Inquiry. It's not a new video, even though it's dated July 21, 2009. I think it's from during the Bush Administration, from what I can tell.

Anyway, it's Richard Dawkins, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Ann Druyan and Victor Stenger. Moderated by D.J. Grothe (of Point of Inquiry), it took place at the New York Academy of Sciences at a Center for Inquiry conference titled "Secular Society and its Enemies."

The panel discusses atheism versus science, science education, the nature of science, various strategies for advancing society in society, threats to science education including religion and popular culture, racism and sexism in science, and many other topics. It's about an hour long and quite interesting:



I know this may seem biased, but Neil deGrasse Tyson is the MAN. His passion and clarity of expression are awesome. My interests lie more in the microscopic while his lie in the cosmos, but it doesn't matter. He still inspires me.

No comments:

Post a Comment