Here's a bit of HDC maintenance I've been meaning to get to.
Note: With the addition of BuddyPress, the main rule is to be civil. These rules can change at any time to reflect how the site is being used.
While I love your comments here at Heaving Dead Cats, spam and trolling are no fun for anyone. To give as much freedom for comments as possible, we need some rules and guidelines:
- Any comments or links which require a significant effort to determine if they may or may not be legitimate are subject to deletion.
- If you want to promote your own blog, that's fine. Do so by posting a relevant comment. Promote yourself by participating.
- No Ad Hominem attacks. If you have an argument with someone, discuss it civilly. If you attack the person and get nasty I will delete the comment. We are grownups here. There's no need to play dirty.
- If you consistently attack others in a nasty way, you'll be banned from future commenting.
- Be polite. Do not feed trolls. Do not be a troll. Trolls are banned.
- No spam of any kind. If it feels like spam to me, it goes in the trash.
These rules are subject to my interpretation and may change at any time. If you think you have not been fairly treated, email me your concern and I will take it under consideration.