Here are 5 christian movements that are crazy and evil. As if any christian-based movement isn't evil, I know! LOL... anyway, I just wanted to bring these issues to your attention, if you didn't already know about them.
- The Patriarchy Movement: the baptists want to undo feminism and get women back into the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant and subservient to their husbands. 3,000 women have signed the manifesto which was unveiled October 11, 2008. Apparently a lot of our societal ills are because women are so uppity these days. So hey, let's just go back to the Iron Age where men can marry as many women as they like, drag them around, beat them, and keep them pregnant. That sounds healthy. Obviously women aren't smart enough to do anything but have babies, cook and clean. Right? WRONG. STFU, already. The 3,000 women who signed that document are so brainwashed, they don't even have brain cells left to think with.
- creationism: those crazy christians are like pit bulls with this issue. They lost in Texas recently (big sigh of relief) but won in Louisiana. How crazy do you have to be to believe in a talking snake and a tree of knowledge and Adam and Eve, etc? Crazy like a fox, because they're dictating how kids will be taught in school. creationism... doesn't it say there's some type of creator? Isn't that a violation of the Separation of Church and State in the Bill of Rights, since they are pushing this indoctrination into public schools? Why is this even an issue?
- Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation: Prop 8, and now this. A private school in California is allowed to discrimate against 2 girls for having "a bond of intimacy" that was "characteristic of a lesbian relationship." They didn't DO anything. They were just close. WTF? And this is also dangerous ground because a school or organization can use their religious beliefs as justification for discrimination.
- The Indoctrination of Innocent Children: Ok, so this is as old as the very idea of religion, but it's evil and it needs attention. Most children will automatically follow in the religious footsteps of their parents, especially the kids that are home-schooled (which seems to be used quite a bit by christians to make sure the teaching of their kids are god-centered). It's wrong, plain and simple, to raise a child to believe in fairy tales. What is different from raising your child to believe in Santa (who was a real man - St. Nicholas of Myra who actually attended the first ecumenical council in 325 CE in Niceaea.)
- Ok, I'm tired, and I must admit, I've gone off the deep end while writing this list. So here you go, something that is so awful it should make you laugh: I know, I know, it totally goes in with number 4's indoctrination of children. This kind of stuff will totally screw up your kiddies! The website is here, in case you need some overpriced crazy christian clothes. They offer salvation too. How convenient. wow.. an online shortcut to god.
What religious issues or movements do you think should be on this list? There were so many to choose from, I sort of got overwhelmed. But we can do a follow-up list with your suggestions. Feel free to provide links or search terms in your comments. Let's all stay informed! Oh, for the follow-up, we'll include other stupid religions. No sense discriminating against the rest of the kooks.