Logical Fallacy Theater in 4 Acts

Butch, my awesome husband, found the following 4 act play with lobsters in trees. I have added a bit of information for your edumacation enjoyment. Who knew some lobsters were so daft?


Act 1: Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc (after this, therefore because of this). Since the event followed this one, that event must have been caused by this one.



Act 2: Appeal to Authority. Something is true just because a person of perceived authority says it's true. (McCain? Srsly? Oh, Lobsters, you can do better!)



Act 3: Appeal to Ignorance. Something is true because we don't know it isn't true.



Act 4: Ad Hominem. Attacking the person instead of the argument.


Found here, thanks! :)

8 comments:

  1. Illogical lobsters are best appreciated with melted butter!

    Thanks Neece, this is great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I used McCain because he *really does* have a lucky pebble, along with a lucky compass, pen, penny, feather...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lobster in act 4 should say "It's still just a pebble."

    My revision:
    Act 1:
    Then you should be able to repeat that.
    Act 2:
    And who's the president now?
    Act 3:
    Why haven't you repeated it then?

    Twisted revision:
    Act 1:
    You suck so badly you had to use a pebble huh?
    Act 2:
    Too bad you don't have one.
    Act 3:
    Actually, I can. You see, you really had a lucky bowling ball, as the bowling ball has a special crystal matrix that influences quantum fluctuations...
    Act 4:
    Pebble lover.

    There should also be an act 5, where the lobster starts crying and saying why won't he stop attacking his beliefs, and it obviously makes him happy why must he just ruin everything...
    "It's still just a pebble."

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Garlic Butter! Of course! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing. I didn't know that about McCain. One more reason to not respect him, I guess.

    Thanks for letting us know. Your tree lobsters are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Act 5, GMN. What is the name of that fallacy? Appeal to emotion? My sister in law threw that one at me a few days ago when I told her Ghost Hunters wasn't real. :|

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love it!!!

    I just discovered the Tree Lobsters this week and have been chortling ever since. I hadn't seen this one, though. Too funny! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Neece! I hadn't heard of Tree Lobsters till now.
    Absolutely with garlic butter!

    ReplyDelete