Hi everyone! Ready for Christmas? I found an article today that I thought I'd share with you. It's called Debating a Christian, an Atheist's Handbook for Debating. This is chock full of links that will provide you with tons of information for Christmas Dinner (or any time of  the year!)

I personally don't really bother to debate religious people. I find it to be a complete waste of time and mind-blowingly frustrating. In my experience, religious people are highly practiced in logical fallacies and fight very dirty. I guess if all you have is faith and no real leg to stand on, you probably have no choice but to appeal to emotion and commit other fallacies. It's not like they have anything of substance.

How do you feel about arguing with religious people? I know some of you love it, especially online. I find that in person is definitely the most annoying. But an online discussion can be interesting. I usually learn something whenever I get into such conversations. But in person I just get really frustrated. Personally I don't like conversation.

So what are your thoughts on the subject? And do you plan on bringing up your favorite bible verse when Aunt Helen passes the mashed potatoes over dinner? How do you handle the religious aspects of the holidays with family and friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment