Happy Winter Solstice! Let's Celebrate With Lolcats!

no more xmas lites ever

It's that time of year, my friends. The Winter Solstice, the longest night of the year for us in the Northern Hemisphere, has arrived.

waitinfor-sandy claws

Of course, that other usurper holiday is just around the corner now. I speak of the dreaded consumer nightmare, christmas. My husband and I are boycotting xmas this year, and hopefully for many more to come.

deck the halls with barfed up holly

That's not to say I will snub the eggnog if it comes around, or miss a meal on xmas eve with the family.

kitteh bulb tester

But no obligatory gift or card exchange, no tree, no decorations, nothing. It's been great so far, not being forced into false frivolity and frenzied shopping with everyone else. It's just another season.

we eated ur xmas lightsBut I do like the changing of the seasons, so the Winter Solstice is as good a time as any to say hello and have a happy winter. It's been cold here lately, with weird warm days in between that really throw everything off. We've already had more snow so far this year than all of last year.

mah happy xmas faceAnyhoo, I just wanted to share some happy lolcats with you today. Every day is a good day to smile. :D Whatever holiday you celebrate this season, be good to one another and have fun. If you are like me and don't celebrate any of them, have a happy winter and be safe and have fun too! :D

look ornamentalAnd now for my favorites!

put urself in mortal peril

makin a list- u on it pal

4 comments:

  1. May you all have a Happy Winter Solstice, and Ceiling Cat be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks muchly, Joe. Ceiling Cat be with you too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the "dress your cat in gay apparel" one. It reminds me of when we'd dress the cat up in reindeer antlers every year. He was decidely not merry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how the grumpiness of a cat dressed in gay apparel is inversely proportional to the manic laughter and hilarity of the cat's owners. HA! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete